Review: The Further Adventures of an Idiot Abroad by Karl Pilkington

The Further Adventures of an Idiot Abroad - Karl Pilkington

I hate Ricky Gervais passionately. I have a physical reaction when I see him on TV or hear him on the radio. My stomach just tightens up into a ball of repulsion and emotion bordering on rage. I can't explain why exactly. I just can't stand the guy. But I love Karl Pilkington . Shame for me they work together.

At least reading the books which accompany the Idiot Abroad TV series I don't have to suffer through Ricky in quite the same way. His words in print don't ignite quite the same anger inside of me.

This second book describing Karl's pessimistic adventures, this time working through a few typical "bucket list" desires is as fun, well paced and lively as the first. A nice quick, light hearted read with an hilarious insight into Karl's miserable and sometimes odd attitude to life and the world.

My only problem with this book is the end. It's a little rushed, almost like he got tired writing it and wanting to get it over with. I feel it could have done with a more rounded conclusion. I was also disappointed to see that he tagged on an extra chapter to encompass the third series on the TV program where he travelled with Warick Davies. I would have liked to have seen that with a book of it's own.

However - still a great, fun, easy read. Love it!

x